Besant nagar beach, Chennai. Important visiting information
More about Besant nagar beach, Chennai and Historical Information
Besant Nagar is counted among some of the coolest neighbourhood in Chennai accommodating must-see tourist attractions. One such point of attraction is the Besant Nagar Beach, one of the most popular beaches in Chennai, second only to Marina.
Besant Nagar Beach is also known as Elliot’s Beach, and unlike the Marina Beach, it is less crowded. Some of the other attractions located closely around the beach include The Theosophical Society of India, Church of Velankanni, Asthalakshmi Temple, and the dance school Kalashetra.
Besant Beach offers large areas to walk or jog with little to no garbage around. The waves are mild even at night, and you can tread the waters for quite a distance without being afraid of drowning.
Besant nagar beach, Chennai address and how to reach
How To Reach: "By Train: 11.2 KM away from Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station
By Air: 13.6 KM away from chennai international airport "
Railway Address :Puratchi Thalaivar Dr. M.G. Ramachandran Central Railway Station, Kannappar Thidal, Periyamet, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600003 Airport Address :Chennai International Airport, GST Rd, Meenambakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600027
Way from Nearest Railway station Way from Nearest Airport
Popular trains in which you can travel to Besant nagar beach in Chennai
- BNC KYQ SUVIDHA (Train NO: 02509)
- TIRUNELVELI EXP (Train NO: 06063)
- MAS ERS EXP (Train NO: 06065)
- MAS HUBLI EXP (Train NO: 07323)
- LTT KARAIKAL EX (Train NO: 11017)
- CHENNAI MAIL (Train NO: 11027)
- CSTM CHENNAI EX (Train NO: 11041)
- MS SALEM EXP (Train NO: 11063)
- LTT CHENNAI EX (Train NO: 11073)
- SHATABDI EXP (Train NO: 12007)
- SHATABDI EXP (Train NO: 12027)
- JAN SHATABDI (Train NO: 12077)
- CHENNAI EXPRESS (Train NO: 12163)
- SHATABDI EXP (Train NO: 12243)
- DURONTO EXPRESS (Train NO: 12269)
- YPR CHENNAI EXP (Train NO: 12291)
- SANGHAMITRA EXP (Train NO: 12295)
- MAS ASN EXPRESS (Train NO: 12375)
- GAYA MS EXPRESS (Train NO: 12389)
- RAJDHANI EXP (Train NO: 12433)