Hawa Mahal, Jaipur. Important visiting information
More about Hawa Mahal, Jaipur and Historical Information
Hawa Mahal is probably one of the most beautiful palaces in the world. It is located in Jaipur in India and it has been built for more than 200 years.
There are many unique features of this palace. One of the unique features is the five-storey exterior. Together with the honeycomb architectural style, the palace is a very unique landmark in India.
Hundreds of years ago, the construction techniques were not so advanced. Therefore, it took a lot of time and efforts for the construction workers back then to construct the palace. But the difficulty did not hinder them from building this great design of work. The design has helped the structure to survive over these centuries because it successfully helped the structure to withstand the natural hazards faced in India as well as in many other countries in the world. Thus, Hawa Mahal is one of the places that you should never miss!
Hawa Mahal is a palace in Jaipur, India. It was built in 1799 by Maharaja Sawai Pratap Singh, and designed by Lal Chand Ustad in the form of the crown of Krishna, the Hindu god. Its unique five-storey exterior is also akin to the honeycomb of the beehive with its 953 small windows called jharokhas that are decorated with intricate latticework. The original intention of the lattice was to allow royal ladies to observe everyday life in the street below without being seen, since they had to observe strict "purdah" (face cover). Besides this, the lattice also provides cool air caused by the Venturi effect (doctor breeze) through the intricate pattern and thereby air conditioning the whole area during the high temperatures in summers.
Image Cre dits: Karppanta
Hawa Mahal, Jaipur address and how to reach
How To Reach: By Train: 5 KM away from Jaipur Railway Station
By Air: 12.2 KM away from Jaipur Internationa Airport
Railway Address :Jaipur Railway Station, Gopalbari, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302016 Airport Address :Jaipur International Airport, Airport Rd, Sanganer, Jaipur, Rajasthan 302017
Way from Nearest Railway station Way from Nearest Airport
Popular trains in which you can travel to Hawa Mahal in Jaipur
- BSP BGKTSPECIAL (Train NO: 08243)
- BSP BKN SPECIAL (Train NO: 08245)
- JP UDZ SF SPL (Train NO: 09721)
- NGP JAIPUR EXP (Train NO: 11203)
- AJMER SHTBDI (Train NO: 12015)
- JP AF SHATABDI (Train NO: 12035)
- DAYODAYA EXPRES (Train NO: 12181)
- AF AII INTERCIT (Train NO: 12195)
- DEE BDTS G RATH (Train NO: 12215)
- JAIPUR DURONTO (Train NO: 12239)
- HWH JU EXPRESS (Train NO: 12307)
- ANNANYA EXPRES (Train NO: 12315)
- ZIYARAT EXPRESS (Train NO: 12395)
- ALD JP EXPRESS (Train NO: 12403)
- AII JAT EXPRESS (Train NO: 12413)
- MANDOR EXPRESS (Train NO: 12461)
- RAJSTHN S KRANT (Train NO: 12463)
- RANTHAMBORE EXP (Train NO: 12465)
- LEELAN EXP (Train NO: 12467)
- BKN KOAA SUP EX (Train NO: 12495)