Thar Desert, Jaisalmer. Important visiting information

Opening Time : 09:00 AM Closing Time : 09:00 AM
Open : Daily Closed on public holidays : No
Entery fee : Free Authorization : No
Contact No : 0998008990 View address & how to reach
Rate this Place
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
  • 0 vote(s)
    NAN out of 5 based on 0 ratings.

    Air Quality Index (AQI, Pollution Levels) near - Thar Desert

    Collectorate, Jodhpur - RSPCB

    86

    PM10

    Moderate

    • 15

      OZONE

    • 26

      CO

    • 11

      SO2

    • NH3

    • 34

      NO2

    • 62

      PM2.5

    Thar Desert, Jaisalmer

    More about Thar Desert, Jaisalmer and Historical Information

    Also known as the Great Indian Desert, Thar is one of its kind of a large arid region in the northwest part of the Indian subcontinent. It covers an area of 200000 square kilometers. Thar desert also happens to form a natural boundary between India and Pakistan. In terms of size, Thar is the world’s 20th largest desert. It is also the world’s 9th largest hot subtropical desert. 

    More than 85% of Thar desert is in India and the remaining 15% lies in the Pakistani region. Thar covers 4 states in India including Rajasthan, Gujarat, Punjab, and Haryana. Among these states, Gujarat has the largest portion of Thar desert while the rest of the states have only a decent region. 

    Thar is also the most widely populated desert in the world with 83 people residing in each square kilometre. Around 40% of the population of Gujarat resides in the Thar desert.

    Thar Desert, Jaisalmer address and how to reach

    Address : Thar Desert, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan, 345001

    How To Reach: By Train: 61.6 KM away from Salem Junction railway station


    By Air: 169 KM away from Coimbatore International Airport

    Railway Address :Jaisalmer Airport, Air Force School Rd, Shastri Nagar, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001 Airport Address :Jaisalmer Railway Station, coulony, Gandhi Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001

     

    Popular trains in which you can travel to Thar Desert in Jaisalmer

    Related Tags :

    Post your question Share your exprience